The age of technology means we’re glued to our phones watching videos for absolutely everything.
Your kids are watching YouTube instead of television and the news features trending stories from Reddit!
We’re watching more video than ever and nobody knows that better than businesses. Getting on TV used to mean high-budget production and high prices for air time, but now you can produce a video with less money and put it directly in front of your target audience.
Stats around video advertising are incredibly promising!
People are 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a video ad.
Apart from advertising, videos are also a great learning tool because they’re much more engaging than a lecture in a classroom or a text book.
This guide will give you the heads-up on corporate videos.
We show you the different types of corporate videos along with tips, examples, inspirations, essential elements, best practices, and a bonus section about Animation vs. Live Action videos.
By 2019, Video Marketing Will Be Everything. You’ve Got to Get in on the Trend — Now
Types of Corporate Videos:
No one looks forward to walking in on the first day with no idea of what to expect. Recruitment videos are a way to show potential employees what it’s going to be like to work for you.
Give prospects an inside look at the company’s culture, the perks and benefits, actual employees, and their values.
You give your business a face and personality, which makes it easy for newcomers to relate, but it can also be a way to show clients your personality. Potential employees will see the video, but so will potential clients, so use the opportunity to wow them!
Here are some examples, essential elements, and best practices for recruitment videos:
- The 12 Best Recruitment Videos Ever
- The 10 Best Types of Recruitment Videos
- 17 Essential Elements Of A Successful Millennial Recruiting Video
- 5 Best Practices for Producing Effective Employee Recruitment Videos
- 10 Companies that Totally Nailed the Company Culture Video
Using videos for corporate training is proven to be effective, and it’s getting even more popular!
Video promotes active viewing, people pay more attention, which is exactly what you want when you’re trying to make concepts stick. They are a balance between entertainment, motivation, and actual teaching.
Unlike in a classroom, learners can watch the lesson again if they want. Also unlike classroom instruction, the lesson will be the same for each employee, so you can be confident that everything gets covered.
Here are some inspirations and resources for your next training video:
- 10 Examples of Effective Training Videos
- The 5 Major Types of Corporate Training Video Production
- The Future of Video in Corporate Training
- The Pedagogical Benefits of Video for Teaching and Learning
- The 100 Best Video Sites For Educators
- 14 Ideas for Using Video in Employee Training
- 5 Best Practices for Designing Corporate Training Videos
Are you trying to get the word out there about your business? Are you looking for a way to show off a new product? Do you need more conversions?
The solution is a promotional video!
Promos are an excellent way to get customers more engaged. If customers see how something works with examples and a personal message, they will be more likely to click, comment, pick up the phone, or call.
Explainer videos and company profiles/histories are types of promotional videos.
At the very least, your brand and products gain visibility, but at the best, you can make people fall in love with your product.
Great promotional video examples, resources, ideas, and mistakes to avoid listed below.
- 5 Great Examples of Promotional Videos
- 8 Great Examples of Promotional Videos
- 7 Examples of Promotional Videos That Make You Want to Buy
- The Making of a Corporate Promotional Video
- 5 Steps: How to Make a Promotional Video
- 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Making a Promotional Video
Word of mouth is still one of the most effective marketing tools. People want other people’s recommendations.
If you’re getting amazing reviews, capture reviews with a client testimonial video! Authentic client experience and praise are a huge factor when it comes to making a purchase.
Testimonials also give you the opportunity to showcase your products, services, brand, and corporate messaging.
Don’t just take our word for it. Dive into the articles below for info, tips, and testimonial video examples.
- Why Testimonial Videos?
- Getting Started with Video Testimonials
- 9 Things to Consider Before Shooting a Testimonial Video
- What Do the Best Customer Testimonial Videos Have in Common?
Animated Corporate Video
Animated video allows you to be flexible and get creative with your subject. They’re a fun way to illustrate a product, service, concept, or skill.
Ever try explaining “the cloud” to someone who doesn’t know? An animated video explains it beautifully:
Training videos can be more engaging, promotional videos can be more vivid and exciting… in general, animation adds a real wow-factor to any corporate video!
You have total control of the look of your video, no need for spot-on actors, perfect weather, make-up, lighting, costumes, etc. All that and the ability to modify it later without continuity issues.
Get into corporate video animation by clicking through these informative articles.
- What is Animation?
- Animated Product Videos
- Top 10 Animated Explainer Videos Ever Produced (along with the lessons you can learn from each one.)
- Why Do You Need an Animated Corporate Video?
- Whiteboard Animation for Corporate Videos
- Animation vs. Live Action
Real Life Corporate Video
Live action videos add the “human element” that you don’t get with an animated video. If you want to showcase working conditions or your company culture, there’s no better way to do that than with real people in real conditions.
Live action testimonial videos are also an obvious choice. An animated penguin just isn’t as convincing as an actual person.
Some corporate videos need to be live, like when you’re promoting/documenting an event or making a training video. Most of the time, when you’re making a corporate video, you have the choice of animated, live-action video, or a combination of the two.
Live action can be more limiting and expensive, so check out the links below for tips, examples, and guides to live-action video production.
- Top 10 Live Action Explainer Videos
- Live Action vs Motion Graphic Video: Shoot or Animate?
- What Kind of Video is Right for Me? Live Action or Animation?
- The pros and cons of live-action and animated video
- 4 Considerations When Choosing Between Live Action and Animation
Start Planning Your Corporate Video Today!
I hope you found this guide a useful tool to help you create your next corporate video.
You can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time, making video a mainstay in your corporate communication.
What are your favourite corporate videos? What makes them so special?
Let me know in the comments, or use the answers to inspire a video!